Our Commitment to your Privacy
Black & White Engineering treats all personal data and information received through the use of our website with the strictest confidence.
- Personal Data We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
- Storage and Security of Personal Data
- How to Contact Us
Whilst using our website, we will place cookies on your device. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information about the cookies we use and how to change your cookie settings.
Personal Data We Collect
Black & White Engineering collects data to operate effectively and provide you with services best suited to your individual needs. The data we collect can include the following:
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- General contact information
We use this information for three basic purposes:
- To operate our business
- Provide services to you
- To send communications to you
How We Use Personal Data
As a user, you have rights regarding the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline, however this may not allow us the full scope of information necessary in order to deliver our services to you in full.
We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and to improve essential business operations. This includes delivering our services, maintaining and improving the performance of our services and products, developing our customer service, conducting research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing Services: We use data to carry out your instructions with us and to provide our services to you.
- Client Support: We use data to provide customer care and support services.
- Provision of Services: We use data to provide our services that have been agreed with you.
- Service Improvement: We use data to continually improve our services to you.
- Business Operations: We use data to develop, analyse, and feed into business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect, and make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Communications: We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalise our communications with you.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
Black & White Engineering adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area which if applicable, includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services/products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of Black & White Engineering as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” section above. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, we do so based on a variety of legal mechanisms, as described in “Storage and Security of Personal Data” section below.
You can request to view, edit, or delete your personal data by contacting our office in writing.
Storage and Security of Personal Data
Black & White Engineering is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities held within two locations within the UK. When we transmit highly confidential data over the links to cloud apps into one app which your client can download.
Personal data collected by Black & White Engineering will be held securely and we take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable UK and EU law.
Black & White Engineering retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has Black & White Engineering adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type?
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Black & White Engineering.
Black & White Engineering will never ask for any credit card or payment information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for Black & White Engineering, please contact us by using our Contact Form.
Unless otherwise stated, Black & White Engineering is a data controller for personal data we collect through the services/products subject to this statement.
Our address is: Black & White Engineering, Office No. 1801, Marina Plaza, PO Box 27793