Our primary goal is to provide our clients with innovative, effective, and simple sustainable mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) solutions to complex challenges in a fast-paced environment. We strive to keep things straightforward. Our top priority is delivering solutions that are not only quick and accurate but also practical, going above and beyond to exceed expectations, putting your needs at the forefront of everything we do.
We offer MEP design and consultancy services across the full spectrum of the built environment. Our engineers’ creative expertise consistently delivers existing and innovative solutions. Our designs are pragmatic and practical to ensure projects are successful, efficient, and sustainable.
We design and supervise the installation of:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Public Health Engineering
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Fit-out design
- Shop drawings to RIBA Stage 5 Construction (LOD400)
- Builders work details and coordination
- Fire Engineering (performance based on local codes)
We are the consultancy of choice for many leading developers, contractors, and operators for expert technical advice, due diligence, or simply the reassurance of a second opinion. Our advisors are experts in their field of knowledge. Our growing global presence allows us to draw upon our own widespread resource base and deploy skills where they are most needed.
We provide practical solutions, advice, and guidance from having done it ourselves.
Our Advisory services include:
- Peer Review
- Value Engineering Review
- Due Diligence
- Expert Witness
- Condition & Compliance Surveys
- Employer’s Requirements
- Infrastructure Design
- Master Planning
- Life Cycle Review
- Availability (five 9s) Studies
- Single Point of Failure (SPOF) Analysis
- Specialist Load and Fall Over Analysis
- Energy Studies
- Site Appraisal
- Project Appraisal
- Portfolio Appraisal
- Risk Appraisal
Technical Consulting Services
Our team of award-winning, highly qualified engineers and consultants have a wealth of technical knowledge and experience in multiple specialist fields.
- HV / MV and Power Systems Consultancy
- BIM Management
- Vertical Transportation
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Lighting Consultancy
- Wired Score
- Thermal Modelling
- Energy Studies and EPC
- Net Zero Carbon
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Maintenance Planning
Commissioning Management Services
We now offer a wide range of Commissioning-related services, utilising a dedicated Commissioning Management Team with full support from our award-winning engineering teams.
- Mission Critical Commissioning (ASHRAE Levels 1 to 5)
- Client Commissioning Authority / Agent (CxA or ICA)
- Contractor Commissioning Management (CxM)
- Independent Commissioning Validation (CxV)
- Energy Auditing & Re-commissioning (RCx)
- Building Condition Surveys
- Pre-Commissioning utilising BIM
- Commissioning Advisory / Support Services
Lead Consulting Services
Our lead consulting service can provide the best results for our clients through effectively managing all the disciplines within a project. With our established one global team approach, we manage and coordinate the stakeholders while ensuring optimum productivity.
- Business Development and Bid Management
- Design / Project Management
- Collaboration with QA / QC / HSE
- Proven standardised methodology for global consistency
- Client Account Management
- Fully coordinated and integrated design
- Single point of accountability for our clients
- Structured Account Management Programme
- Full responsibility for our supply chain partners
- Dedicated Lead Design Team
- Clear roles and responsibilities for our engineering experts and supply chain partners
Power Systems Services
The power systems group of Black & White is well versed in all aspects of the power system design life cycle. The team can undertake feasibility studies to concept design which culminates in equipment specification and system studies. This ensures that the system and equipment meet both function and performance requirements.
Our capability extends to cover both medium- and high-voltage design together with power system analysis to 245 kV and beyond.
The scope can cover a single switchboard or transformer to complete substation or complex resilient networks with the appropriate topology to support critical facilities. We predominantly work in mission critical environments, with customers relying on our expert advice to make timely technical and economic decisions.
We undertake power systems analysis, including load flow, fault level, and harmonic and arc flash calculations, primarily using ETAP software. The team however do have extensive knowledge of other software tools such as PSS®E, PSS®Sincal, DigSilent Powerfactory, and Amtech. Other studies include connection applications to satisfy utilities to meet the prevailing connection requirements.
We have capabilities that involve MV generation employing a variety of prime movers using a range of fuels including waste heat generated steam.
In all designs, the associated resilient distributed or centralised control systems are engineered to IEC 61850 communication protocol over IEC 62439 networks providing a parallel redundant protocol.